Beginning Monday, May 18, 2020 all Rio Metro passengers are required to wear face coverings in order to board its buses. These measures are being taken in adherence and with respect to the state requirement that face coverings be worn in public.
The ruling applies to all passengers over the age of two (excepting medical requirements) to protect themselves and other passengers on the vehicle.
View Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s Executive Orders
Additional Bus Safety Measures
Rio Metro has implemented the following measures to further ensure the safety of our riders and drivers:
- Limiting the number of passengers on vehicles
- Social distancing is being practiced on the buses – passengers sit in every other seat
- Protective shields have been installed around drivers
- No riders are sitting behind the driver
- Stanley Steamer has been contracted to disinfect all the buses every day before they are in service
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning throughout the day
- Drivers are wearing face coverings
- Rio Metro bus fares have been temporarily eliminated in order to minimize face-to-face interactions with other passengers and transit staff
Visit the Bus Updates and Safety Measures page for additional information.